Pancakes are not just for one day a year. These easy gluten free American pancakes which are also dairy free are a great option all year round. We love to have them for breakfast served with fresh fruit and compote.
Articles contain paid and affiliate links.
Cooking with Kids?
This is a great recipe to make with children. Get them to help with the weighing and measuring. Kids love to help mixing up the batter too. Just ensure caution is taken when cooking with hot oil.
Is it Vegan?
This recipe is suitable for people following a gluten free diet and vegetarians. The recipe could be adapted for a vegan diet, by replacing the eggs with either a flax seed egg. I have a great egg replacement guide here.
Do I need any specialist equipment?
The only specialist equipment I would recommend is a good heavy based frying pan.
This recipe makes around ten tea cup sized pancakes. You will need:
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the caster sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and the mix and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for a moment and heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot add table spoonful’s of the mixture to the pan round blobs are great or try for other shapes.
- Two minutes on both sides should be enough. They should be puffed up and golden brown on both sides when ready.
- 50g Gluten free Self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Soya milk
- 1 tbsp oil
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Liked Gluten free American Pancakes?