I have had a love hate thing with Brownies. As a Coeliac it is the most common thing you’ll find to eat when your out and about.
A sad, hard, small square individually wrapped to avoid contamination. Ultimately the most boring brownie of earth.
So I stopped eating them. But I have returned to my love of Brownies with this recipe. These are the ultimate in gooey chocolatey goodness, with the added bonus of Peanut butter.
Dive into my Peanut Butter Snickers Brownie.
My kids love to eat a Peanut Butter Snickers brownie warm with a glass of milk. I prefer them with ice cream! If you can wait till they’ve cooled they make a great afternoon tea treat or a cheeky lunch box snack.
- 115 g baking margarine
- 55 g Gluten free cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 45 g Gluten Free Self raising flour
- 1 Peanut Butter Snickers bar chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c /gas mark 4. Line a Swiss roll tin
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- With an electric mixer, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until pale in colour and thick. Stir in the cocoa mixture.
- Fold in the flour. Then add the chopped pieces of the Peanut Butter Snickers bar.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Less if you you a gooey brownie
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares.