These are my favourite two Speedy Gluten Free Pasta Recipes.
Pasta has always been my go to for a quick meal when I’m late in from work and the kids want feeding straight away. Even after my coeliac diagnosis I still always have a bag or two in the cupboard for 10 minute dinners.
Cooking with Kids?
These are good recipes to cook with with older children. My recommendation would be for 10+ when you can let them use the food processor and the hob with supervision.
Is it Vegan?
This recipe is suitable for people following a gluten free diet and vegetarians. The pesto recipe could be adapted for a vegan diet by switching the cheese to nuts such as cashew or a vegan cheese.
The ragu recipe is vegan, just omit the serving suggestion of cheese on top.
Do I need any specialist equipment?
I would reccomend a food processor for the pesto recipe as it makes it a much quicker recipe to produce.
No specialist equipment is needed for the ragu recipe.
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!
I don’t think I’d ever heard of pesto as a child, but it is now my boys favourite meal by far!
- 30g basil
- 1 Garlic clove - crushed
- 1/2 lemon - juice
- 40g cheddar cheese
- 75 ml olive oil
- 150g Piselli verdi pasta
- Place the basil, garlic, cheese, and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until you have the desired consistency.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes until al dente. Stir in the pesto and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 10g
You really can’t go wrong with a classic ragu, a store cupboard staple dinner for ever!
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g Riso e Quinoa pasta
- Heat the olive oil
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and basil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until reduced.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering cook the pasta for 10 minutes until al dente
- Drain and add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional - add grated cheese or fresh basil toppings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
If you liked my 2 quick gluten free pasta recipes, you should check out my Halloumi, bean and watercress salad (gluten free) and the Summer vegetable minestrone (Gluten Free) which are both quick and super tasty to make for dinner.